I am an ethical and eco-friendly wedding photographer. I run my wedding photography business as ethically and environmentally friendly as possible. As possible means I try my best, and am always open to suggestion to further way to improve in these areas.
I firmly believe that if we all took responsibility and made one or two small changes to how we live our lives, we will make the world a much better and healthier place.
I try and do this in the following ways:
Enviromentally Friendly Wedding Photography
- I run my business 100% digitally/electronically and produce no paper in doing so – this includes all contracts, emails, marketing material, etc.
- I only use environentally friendly suppliers for business cards, photobooks and prints, using recycled paper and non coated prints.
- I have moved to using wooden USBs to supply images on.
- I proactively reduce my carbon footprint wherever possible. I do not drive so will always utilise public transport, trains, car share and/or taxi’s to attend a weddings (PS it’s never been a problem getting to any wedding!)
- I will no longer book any wedding where I am required to fly – which will largely rule out destination weddings where ship/trains etc are not viable options. However, I love an adventure, so I’m game to travel anywhere abroad by train!
- I only use re-chargeable batteries in all my photographic equipment.
- I do not upgrade to every new model of camera equipment that comes out. It is unnesccessary as well as wasteful.
- I am happy to purchase used equipement wherever possible.
- I recycle wherever possible.
There are other ways I could improve, for instance moving to a more ecological and ethically minded camera manufacturer. However, after almost 40 years invested in one company this would be a huge step and not currently practical. I will though continue to lobby the camera brand I am invested in to improve its ecological performance.
Ethical Wedding Photographer
As an ethical wedding photographer I believe in giving back. Therefore, I will donate £50 of my wedding fee to a charity of your choice, when you pay your final balance. Just let me know the charity at the time.